Monday, March 5, 2012

Letter 1: what's Your dream?

Dear Dad,
 Hey I had a question; how come nobody ever asks, "What's Your dream?" I mean, people ask me all the time, "what's your dream?" I guess that's all we really think about huh? Ourselves. What we want, Where we want to go, What we want to do, Who we want to be, When you put it like that, we sound pretty pathetic and selfish, don't we? Like a two-year-old saying "it's all about me! And only me!" Yet...we never really stop to realize just how wrong we are! The world doesn't revolve around us! It doesn't revolve around ideas! It revolves around You!! And only You! You are the reason we are here to begin with! Sure people can claim it all happened by chance. But honestly! chance could never line the planets up perfectly. Chance would never set Earth at the exact alignment it is at right now. It's impossible and impractical. You designed everything the way it is and You saw it was good. So why then, do we try to kid ourselves? You let us breath another second, another minute. You give us permission to wake every morning so we might wake up and recognize that, no matter how small and insignificant we may seem, we are Your children, and You love us all the same! So...now it's my turn to ask; God...what's Your dream? And how can I help make it a reality?

 ~ From Your humble daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment