Sunday, June 16, 2013

Letter 2: Blessed

Dear Dad,

It's me again.
I just got back from my first mission trip with other teenagers. It was my cousin's youth group. A group full of amazing kids! Full of talents and gifts that were amazing, and I know they have lots more that they haven't even found yet.

I was just shocked to find boys that cared so much about Your world, and what happens in it, and how they can help better it by bringing more people into Your kingdom. I mean...I knew in my head that there must be guys like that, but I personally, had never met any of them. And then I'm on a team full of them!
I wanted to cry!

I am so excited for these young men. I know that my impact on their lives might have been nothing more then 'oh yeah, she was a girl that lived in Kenya, and was on my mission team'. But I was just so happy to find out that some guys were as interested in Your kingdom as I was.
I also know for a fact that to my cousin, my impact on his life might be a bit more than 'the random girl'. And I'm so blessed that You decided to make us cousins, that You decided that we needed each other and put us together. I'm so happy to have deepened my relationship with him and that was able to understand me and my life more, now that he's seen what it's like there.

Thank you God! Thank you so much, I am so excited to see what you do in their lives, I know it's going to be something amazing, and something that will glorify your name and that will give them the strength to stand against the devil and his powers.
I just pray that you keep them safe.

~ Your Humble Daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment